Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 01:25:56 UTC

Multiple queries to single Spark interpreter

Hi,

I'm sending multiple queries/tasks to a single Zeppelin instance from
different browsers through various notebooks.

Now I understand all the queries/tasks will share the same Spark
Interpreter process. In that case will the Spark Interpreter process will
process those queries sequentially or will execute them in multiple threads
?

Regards,
Sourav

Re: Multiple queries to single Spark interpreter

Posted by Zhong Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't think it should work on non-SQL jobs. Because all of the paragraphs
share the same interpreter process, what do you expect the interpreter to
do if you run multiple paragraphs with shared variables?

If you really want to run jobs concurrently, I think you may try these
solutions:
--
1. do not block on long-running spark jobs: try using threads and callbacks
2. try creating several spark interpreters. I believe they shouldn't block

Best,
Zhong

Posted by Sourav Mazumder <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhong Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.