Posted to dev@aurora.apache.org by Tengfei Mu <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/02 20:44:38 UTC

Colocate services support in Aurora

As we are trying to migrate legacy services to Aurora cluster, one
requirement comes out is 'multiple service colocation'. What's the best way
to do this in Aurora world? If it is not supported today, is it a legit
thing worth to explore/pursue for Aurora?

Thanks for your help!
- TF

Re: Colocate services support in Aurora

Posted by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com>.
I am curious, why exactly do you want to co-locate? What are the requirements imposed by your legacy app?

There might be different solutions for different problems (e.g., bind-mount a shared filesystem into the the sandbox, setup reverse proxies to allow communication via localhost etc...)

Regards,
Stephan
- configure them as separate processes within the same job.  Downside is
that they will contend for resources (though in your case, this may already
be an issue).

- designate specific mesos machines for them using the dedicated attribute,
and size them so they both fit on the same machine.

Posted by Bill Farner <wf...@apache.org>.
Two options come to mind: