Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Henrik Berg <he...@ifi.uio.no> on 2003/03/21 11:22:31 UTC

Do I have to supply getXXX() and setXXX(...)-methods?

Hi!

Simple question:  If I want to use OJB, do I have to make public
set/get-methods for all the fields I want to store in the database?

--
Henrik

Re: Do I have to supply getXXX() and setXXX(...)-methods?

Posted by Will Jaynes <ja...@umich.edu>.
No you don't. Use the following setting in the OJB.properties file:

PersistentFieldClass=org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.fieldaccess.PersistentFieldDefaultImpl

This assumes that your repository.xml mapping is based on fields in your
classes.

[newbie] Retrieving the same object several times

Posted by Henrik Berg <he...@ifi.uio.no>.
Didn't find anything about this in the tutorials, but it's probably
quite simple:

Say I do this:

Person example = new Person();
example.setId(1);  // id is primary key
Query query = new QueryByCriteria(example);

Person per = (Person)broker.getObjectByQuery(query);

And then, at some later point, I do this:

Person example2 = new Person();
example2.setId(1);  // id is primary key
Query query2 = new QueryByCriteria(example2);

Person per2 = (Person)broker.getObjectByQuery(query2);

At this point, will (per == per2)?  A few simple tests indicate that
this is the case, but can I rely on it?  If not, under which
circumstances will I get (per != per2) from this?

--
Henrik