Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Steve Anderson <s....@gmail.com> on 2009/12/05 11:48:44 UTC

CouchDB Returning Different Responses/Errors

I am working my way through the online version of the O'Reilly book
"CouchDB: The Definitive Guide" by Anderson, Lehnardt and Slater.

I am on Chapter 3 "Getting Started".  I've downloaded and started CouchDBX,
but am getting errors, or at least different responses, when I run the first
few commands in chapter 3.

For example:

silverlight:~ stevea$ curl http://127.0.0.1:5984/
{"couchdb":"Welcome","version":"0.10.0"}

silverlight:~ stevea$ curl -X GET http://127.0.0.1:5984/_all_dbs_
{"error":"error","reason":"illegal_database_name"}

silverlight:~ stevea$ curl -X PUT http://127.0.0.1:5984/baseball
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re: CouchDB Returning Different Responses/Errors

Posted by Steve Anderson <s....@gmail.com>.
May be CouchDBX didn't start properly the first time or something, as when I
closed it down and restarted it, its top two frames were displayed, when
previously they were blank (previously only the messages in the bottom pane
were displayed, there was no CouchDB logo, etc).

After that, everything worked fine (especially once I opened my eyes and saw
it was _all_dbs and not _all_dbs_).

Thanks for your help.

--
www.submission.org

Re: CouchDB Returning Different Responses/Errors

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net