Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by rahulsingh <ra...@i-link.co.in> on 2017/04/25 15:12:38 UTC

BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

Hi all,

We are using Tableau Desktop 10.2.1 with Kylin 1.6. We got success to
connect kylin with tableau wia ODBC driver.
We have one table in kylin having 41 columns and around 5 milion records.
And we use this table as a data source in tableau.
When we prepare report in Tableau with some rows and columns, it is firing
“select * from
” query on Kylin. Ideally Tableau should only fire specific group by querys
based on the reports.
And because we have so many data in the cube, the “select * from
” query on kyline make the Kylin hangup and then it is not responding.

How should we handle this  “select * from
” query from Tableau ? Do we have some settings that block this type of *
query.

Thank You,
Rahul Singh

Re: BadQueryDetector (Please ignore the last post)

Posted by Alberto Ramón <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi

Check this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1792
yes, like you said, if you have a cube its to use with agregates == group by

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
My impression is, when connecting live, Tableau will "select * from"
DIMENSION table. And that is affordable. Tableau shall never "select *
from" the FACT table. Could you verify?

Posted by Billy Liu <bi...@apache.org>.