Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/09/29 12:45:56 UTC

Re: XHTML Web site updates

Steve Raeburn wrote:
> Contributors List
> -----------------
> One side effect of merging the XSL stylesheets is that the contributors list
> is currently not written at the start of each chapter. (Some stylesheets had
> it, some didn't so I opted to remove it from the chapter section.)
>
> I wondered what the feeling was regarding whether it is neccessary to have
> that list at the top of each page.

+1 as to the new "sidebar" approach. I'm quite pleased with the way all
this turned out.

> Let me know what you think or if you find anything I missed.

I should just do this myself, but if you had a moment, could you slip in
a link to ApacheCon at the top of our sidebar, like the one at the
Jakarta site. They've asked all the Apache projects to do this.
Technically, we're not the project, Jakarta is, but since we kinda get
our share of hits ...

-Ted.

Re: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Robert Leland wrote:

> Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
>
>> Ted Husted wrote:

>>> The ASF thanks you for your help and support =:)
>>>
>>> Hey anybody going? I won't make it this year, but I'm starting to
>>> think about 2004.
>>

>> I'm going, and speaking on Tuesday 11/18, 5:00pm-6:00pm about
>> Struts.  I'm also tasked to speak on a couple of panels about Open
>> Source at Comdex, which is also happening in Las Vegas the same week.

>>> We should probably remove those now.

>>> That approach was mainly an artifact of the "extended 1.1 incubation
>>> period". =:) We might now want to fall back to the original approach
>>> of just featuring the nightly build on the website.
>>>
>>> Hopefully, we can get the Cactus tests sorted out soon and start the
>>> 1.2 march, to help support the new Validator release.
>>

>> Fixing the nightlies is on my TODO list ... promise!  :-)
>

> Looking at the Cactus logs there is a
> StandardManager[/test] IOException while loading persisted sessions:
> java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
> java.io.NotSerializableException: java.util.StringTokenizer
> java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
> java.io.NotSerializableException: java.util.StringTokenizer
> I am not sure exatcly containg class is causing this.....
>
> That is happening, this is running cactus 13-1.4.1, TC  4.1.27.
>
> I know the unit tests worked under cactus 1.5beta1, I will try
> upgrading to the newest version

That should have been 'works under cactus 1.3'

Re: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Re: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
Ted Husted wrote:

> Steve Raeburn wrote:
> > Done.
>
> The ASF thanks you for your help and support =:)
>
> Hey anybody going? I won't make it this year, but I'm starting to
> think about 2004.

I'm going, and speaking on Tuesday 11/18, 5:00pm-6:00pm about Struts.
I'm also tasked to speak on a couple of panels about Open Source at
Comdex, which is also happening in Las Vegas the same week.

>> Regarding the archived 1.02 docs - there doesn't seem to be a link to
>> them
>> anywhere. Shall I add one?
>

> We should probably remove those now.
>
>> Also, we don't have the current release (1.1) docs on the site which
>> might
>> be confusing for some users. Do we want to maintain docs for the current
>> version as well, and add appropriate links?
>

> That approach was mainly an artifact of the "extended 1.1 incubation
> period". =:) We might now want to fall back to the original approach
> of just featuring the nightly build on the website.
>
> Hopefully, we can get the Cactus tests sorted out soon and start the
> 1.2 march, to help support the new Validator release.

Fixing the nightlies is on my TODO list ... promise!  :-)

> -Ted.

Craig

Re: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

RE: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by Mike Jasnowski <mj...@bea.com>.
For some reason the new sidebar shows up left aligned, but at the bottom of
the page in IE 6

> +1 as to the new "sidebar" approach. I'm quite pleased with the way all
> this turned out.

I hope you'll also like the new table formatting for taglibs and task lists
:-)

> I should just do this myself, but if you had a moment, could you slip in
> a link to ApacheCon at the top of our sidebar, like the one at the
> Jakarta site. They've asked all the Apache projects to do this.
> Technically, we're not the project, Jakarta is, but since we kinda get
> our share of hits ...

Done.

I also took the opportunity to tidy up the web site files, removing the
obsolete versions that were still kicking around.
The web site should now match what's in CVS, with the addition of the 1.02
UserGuide and Javadocs.

In case I've been overzealous, I've archived the old site at
http://cvs.apache.org/~sraeburn/site-archive-20030929/

Regarding the archived 1.02 docs - there doesn't seem to be a link to them
anywhere. Shall I add one?

Also, we don't have the current release (1.1) docs on the site which might
be confusing for some users. Do we want to maintain docs for the current
version as well, and add appropriate links?

Steve

RE: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Posted by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>.

need to put in requisitions for bigger monitors and I need to make sure I

RE: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
> > +1 as to the new "sidebar" approach. I'm quite pleased with the way
> all
> > this turned out.
>
> I hope you'll also like the new table formatting for taglibs and task
> lists
> :-)

And now the downside to using tableless css webpages... Take a look at the
taglibs api pages in mozilla.  The borders don't show up quite right
(maybe a mozilla bug?).  Also, the new ApacheCon image overwrites the

RE: XHTML Web site updates

Posted by Steve Raeburn <sr...@apache.org>.