Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> on 2000/11/01 18:56:14 UTC

building fop

I tried to build Fopusing the latest stable version of xerces (1.2.1)
and xalan (1.2). It doesn't work. The problem is Xerces and some of
the svg code. You have to use an earlier version of Xerces.

Fotis

Re: building fop

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Fotis Jannidis wrote:

> Thanks Michael. I checked: This reflects a change in the definition
> of the interface Node between DOM 2 (10.5.2000) and the latest.
> So, Keiron, if you decide to change the Fop code, please tell me, so
> we can put > Xerces 1.2.1 into the docs.

I will get the latest version and make it compile properly against it. I
should be able to do this in the next day or so.

I will make it work for the latest DOM. This will probably mean that users
will need the latest version for it to work.

Re: building fop

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.

Re: building fop

Posted by Michael Lee <mi...@collegenet.com>.
Fotis Jannidis wrote:

> I tried to build Fopusing the latest stable version of xerces (1.2.1)
> and xalan (1.2). It doesn't work. The problem is Xerces and some of
> the svg code. You have to use an earlier version of Xerces.
>
> Fotis

xerces 1.2.1 uses a slightly different API (Node.java has the function
isSupported() instead of supports().  I patched my local copy of
NodeImpl.java in the fop code to implement the new function.  It just
returns false anyway.  You could either do that or downgrade to xerces
1.2.0.

Good luck,
Michael Lee