Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henrik K <he...@hege.li> on 2008/03/21 11:25:37 UTC

Re: New Postfix compatible BLACK LIST

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 07:17:07AM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> My hostkarma black/white/yellow lists were too complex to be accessed by
> Postfix. So I have created a Postfix compatible blacklist for those of
> you who want to bounce a lot of spam before routing it into SA.
>
> reject_rbl_client blacklist.junkemailfilter.com

By the way, I've been trying this list in SA for a while.

Not very flattering results. There are _many_ false positives. Some big
local ISP/government/etc servers, mailing lists..

Probably the data isn't collected widely enough. Many FPs are from Finnish
servers. Perhaps the list uses mostly US data..

Re: New Postfix compatible BLACK LIST

Posted by Aaron Wolfe <aa...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 6:25 AM, Henrik K <he...@hege.li> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 07:17:07AM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > Hello Everyone,
>  >
>  > My hostkarma black/white/yellow lists were too complex to be accessed by
>  > Postfix. So I have created a Postfix compatible blacklist for those of
>  > you who want to bounce a lot of spam before routing it into SA.
>  >
>  > reject_rbl_client blacklist.junkemailfilter.com
>
>  By the way, I've been trying this list in SA for a while.
>
>  Not very flattering results. There are _many_ false positives. Some big
>  local ISP/government/etc servers, mailing lists..
>
>  Probably the data isn't collected widely enough. Many FPs are from Finnish
>  servers. Perhaps the list uses mostly US data..

I've been testing the lists here for about a month.  While there are
certainly some FPs (do not use it as a blocklist!), I've been using it
to add a small amount to the spam score with decent results.  There
are a number of messages that get pushed over the threshold thanks to
hits on hostkarma.  I deal with US mail primarily, maybe that is the
difference.

-Aaron