Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Himanshi Sharma <hi...@tcs.com> on 2011/02/24 13:52:24 UTC

Cassandra nodes on EC2 in two different regions not communicating

Hi All,

I am trying to configure a cassandra cluster of 2 nodes in different
regions of amazon ec2.

Nodes are running fine but when i try nodetool command with ring option i
get single node.

And  both the nodes are able to ping each other, telnet each other. Not
able to figure out what is the problem.

Plz help

Thanks,
Himanshi Sharma

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Cassandra nodes on EC2 in two different regions not communicating

Posted by Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>.
Are you running nodetool on the host, or on a remote machine?

If local, does "netstat -n" show that you are listening on the JMX port?

If remote, have you added the JMX port to your security group?

Posted by Himanshi Sharma <hi...@tcs.com>.
Peter,

[...]

From:
Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>
To:
"dev@cassandra.apache.org" <de...@cassandra.apache.org>
Date:
02/28/2011 06:25 PM

Posted by Himanshi Sharma <hi...@tcs.com>.
Hello All,

My problem with Cassandra across region is solved. Thanks to Milind and
Peter.

I was editing the Source, the two files MessagingService.java and
OutboundTcpConnection.java correctly and even was able to build it
successfully
by referring the patch on
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg05692.html.

The problem was with the cassandra.yaml.

In rpc_address filed, private ip should be used and in listen_address it
should be public. I was trying with public ip in both the fields as well
as by keeping both blank.

Regards,
Himanshi Sharma

From:
Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>
To:
"dev@cassandra.apache.org" <de...@cassandra.apache.org>
Date:
02/28/2011 06:25 PM

Posted by Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>.

Posted by Himanshi Sharma <hi...@tcs.com>.
Peter,

Ya i saw but m nt sure how to run this patch, where to run.

Thanks,
Himanshi Sharma

From:
Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>
To:
"dev@cassandra.apache.org" <de...@cassandra.apache.org>
Date:
02/24/2011 06:44 PM

Posted by Himanshi Sharma <hi...@tcs.com>.
Hi Peter,

[...]

From:
Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>
To:
"dev@cassandra.apache.org" <de...@cassandra.apache.org>
Date:
02/24/2011 06:44 PM

Posted by Peter Fales <Pe...@alcatel-lucent.com>.

Posted by Himanshi Sharma <hi...@tcs.com>.
Peter,

Please tell me the options. I m new to cassandra and definitely want to
try out.

Thanks,
Himanshi

From: