Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Oleksandr Shulgin <ol...@zalando.de> on 2019/08/16 14:13:17 UTC

Odd number of files on one node during repair (was: To Repair or Not to Repair)

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:14 PM Oleksandr Shulgin <
oleksandr.shulgin@zalando.de> wrote:

> I was wondering about this again, as I've noticed one of the nodes in our
> cluster accumulating ten times the number of files compared to the average
> across the rest of cluster.  The files are all coming from a table with
> TWCS and repair (running with Reaper) is ongoing.  The sudden growth
> started around 24 hours ago as the affected node was restarted due to
> failing AWS EC2 System check.

And now as the next weekly repair has started, the same node shows the
problem again.  Number of files went up to 6,000 in the last 7 hours, as
compared to the average of ~1,500 on the rest of the nodes, which remains
more or less constant.

Any advice how to debug it?

Alex