Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anitha Singh <AS...@FederalAPD.com> on 2003/02/18 21:46:09 UTC

what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate

Hi All,
 I am want to evaulate Jmeter for performing load testing. we are using
jdk1.3. My question is what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate?
thanks
Anitha

Re: what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate

Posted by Bruno Dillenseger <br...@rd.francetelecom.com>.
Anitha Singh a écrit:

>Hi All,
> I am want to evaulate Jmeter for performing load testing. we are using
>jdk1.3. My question is what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate?
>thanks

Jmeter 1.8.1 should be all right (AFAIK, 1.8 had some problems with
JDK1.3, which have been fixed in 1.8.1).

-- Bruno.

Re: what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate

Posted by Bruno Dillenseger <br...@rd.francetelecom.com>.
Drew Gulino a écrit:

>There is no reason you have to use the same jdk that
>your application is using to run JMeter.

It all depends on whether you are extending Jmeter with your own
samplers or not. In case you define your own samplers, it is possible
that they rely on some Java library requiring a specific Java runtime.
Be careful also when using distributed testing: I experienced
incompatibility between RMI stuff (registry-related) of different Java
runtimes.

-- Bruno.

Re: what version of Jmeter should i download to evaulate

Posted by Drew Gulino <dr...@yahoo.com>.
You should use the latest official build: Jmeter 1.8.1
with jdk1.4.1_01.