Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ganapati <ga...@indts.com> on 2001/01/13 16:58:32 UTC

Problem with compilation of XSP generated java files

Hi All,
 I have a cocoon setup on Apache Web Server with Tomcat on Solaris. When I
am trying to run the sample XSP files bundled with Cocoon-1.8, I am getting
following type of error :

      java.lang.Exception: XSP Java Compiler: Compilation failed for
_page.java
      error: Can't read:
/usr/local/CMSROOT/cms/XSP_GEN_FILES/repository/_usr/_local/_cocoon_1_8/_sam
ples/_xsp/_page.java
      1 error

              at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
              at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.compile(Compi
led Code)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
              at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compi
led Code)
              at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled
Code)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

I have checked the permissions of the "repository" directory. They are okay.
Can somebody please suggest me what can be the possible reason of this
error.

Thanks
Gana.