Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2010/11/29 17:07:51 UTC

[VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Please test-drive the 10.7.1.1 candidate, then vote on whether to accept
it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:

http://people.apache.org/~rhillegas/10.7.1.1/

The polls close at 5:00 pm San Francisco time on Monday, December 13.

10.7.1.1 is the second candidate for the 10.7.1 release, described in
greater detail here: http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSevenOneRelease

Thanks in advance for testing this second candidate.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
On 11/29/2010 08:07 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please test-drive the 10.7.1.1 candidate, then vote on whether to accept it as a Derby release.

+1. Thanks Rick for all the hard work on this release! I am
comfortable moving forward with it.

bryan

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Mike Matrigali <mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Please test-drive the 10.7.1.1 candidate, then vote on whether to accept
> it as a Derby release. The candidate lives at:

+1 for releasing this candidate.

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.
Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> writes:

> Please test-drive the 10.7.1.1 candidate, then vote on whether to
> accept it as a Derby release.

+1

--
Knut Anders

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Please test-drive the 10.7.1.1 candidate, then vote on whether to accept it
> as a Derby release.

+1 to make this a Derby release.

Myrna

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Dag Wanvik <da...@oracle.com>.
I ran the regression tests on my Vista Ultimate SP2 box last night but did not see any evidence of the directory deletion issues.

I am +1 to move forward with the release.

Dag

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Kim Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
+1

Documentation looks good.

Kim

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 9:22 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>>>

>> Hi Kathey,
>>
>> Thanks for looking into this issue. My sense is that this problem
>> affects upgrades to 10.5 and 10.6 as well as 10.7. Is that your
>> understanding?
> It affects upgrade from 10.3 to 10.5.  I do not yet  know what other
> upgrade paths have exposure.
> The class OldRoutineType was introduced in 10.4 with DERBY-2775.  I
> just tried upgrade with URLClassLoader and could not pop the bug, so
> more work is needed to isolate it.
>
> Kathey

Thanks for that extra information, Kathey. If this is not a regression
introduced by 10.7, then I would not be inclined to make this a
showstopper unless we believe that 10.7 makes this problem worse. I can
see that the bug may be a high priority issue for 10.7.2 or 10.8.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: [VOTE] 10.7.1.1 release

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.