Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 07:42:32 UTC

Website frontpage style

I was wondering if we could have a better format for the frontpage of the
ComDev website, and worked on a quick prototype available in [1] and would
appreciate any feedback on it.

Thoughts

[1] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/community/

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Website frontpage style

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> Make it so!
>
> Agreed with Suresh and Rich: header is too big, and can just be "Apache
> Community Development".  Then explain in the text about "Apache Community
> Development Project (ComDev) does cool stuff..."
>
> I agree that a text block in the lower half titled "The Apache Way" would
> be a key addition, with a brief explanation and links to other sites.
>
> - Shane

Overall style changes have been committed with suggestions from this
thread. Please review it at [1], and feel free to add/modify the contents I
added about "the apache way" ...

Feel free to publish it if you guys feel ok with it.

[1] http://community.staging.apache.org/

--
Luciano Resende

Re: Website frontpage style

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Make it so!

Re: Website frontpage style

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Luciano,

Re: Website frontpage style

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Apr 23, 2013 1:43 AM, "Luciano Resende" <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if we could have a better format for the frontpage of the
> ComDev website, and worked on a quick prototype available in [1] and would
> appreciate any feedback on it.
>
> Thoughts
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~lresende/community/

Love it. Thanks for the work.

If I were to make one comment it would be to drop the "welcome to" and just
have the name.

--
Rich Bowen - RBowen@rcbowen.com

Re: Website frontpage style