Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Manevich, Yaroslav M" <ym...@mitre.org> on 2011/06/06 18:22:48 UTC

Reverse proxy for other protocols.

Hello,

Is it possible to configure ATS reverse proxy for other protocols such as FTP?
Was it performed before? If yes can you please provide some info on what and how?

Thank you,

-Yaroslav

Re: Reverse proxy for other protocols.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 06/06/2011 11:30 AM, Belkacem Mohamed Rebbouh wrote:

> The purpose of this maillist is that everyone learn and share, no?

+1.

With a few exceptions (e.g. security issues), it's always best to keep
the discussions on the mailing lists. Don't be worried about asking
"stupid" questions, we're all here to help. And there really are no such
thing as a stupid question. Worst case, you'll get a reply saying "read
the FAQ at ..." or "go read this old mail from the achives" :).

Cheers,

-- Leif

Re: Reverse proxy for other protocols.

Posted by Belkacem Mohamed Rebbouh <re...@gmail.com>.
The purpose of this maillist is that everyone learn and share, no?

On Jun 6, 2011 7:18 PM, "Manevich, Yaroslav M" <ym...@mitre.org> wrote:

Is it possible to take this conversation off the public e-mail list, so I
can explain the situation in more details?

Thank you,

-Yaroslav

Posted by "Manevich, Yaroslav M" <ym...@mitre.org>.

Posted by "Manevich, Yaroslav M" <ym...@mitre.org>.

Posted by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com>.
you should send it in dev@.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 06/06/2011 10:22 AM, Manevich, Yaroslav M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to configure ATS reverse proxy for other protocols such
> as FTP?
> Was it performed before? If yes can you please provide some info on
> what and how?

You can implement a "protocol plugin" that would do this. This gives you
all the benefits of ATS's internals, for scalability, performance etc.,
but you must do the entire protocol yourself.

There used to be an FTP module in the core, but it was eliminated for a
few reasons: a) Not maintained  and b) it was tied heavily into the core
(where we believe this stuff should be in plugins, and we improve APIs
as necessary when people develop these plugins)

-- Leif

Re: Reverse proxy for other protocols.

Posted by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com>.
you should send it in dev@.