Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by 加藤徳三郎 <sa...@bmail.plala.or.jp> on 2008/09/07 07:53:30 UTC

Subversion-1.5.2 Cannot make install

Good day. This is a new user in Japan.

I was making .tgz package for my Slackware-type system.
According to simplest method mentioned in README,
both subversion-1.5.2 and subversion-deps-1.5.2 were expanded
and configure&&make&&make install prefix ........

Error: libaprutil-1.la cannot be installed to directory not ending with
/usr/local/apr/lib (or something to this effect).
No, there was indeed no such directory made. So the error.

I am rather a beginner who have not in-depth knowledge but felt this
error was due to
the sources. So, another trial with version 1.5.0.
It went smoothly without any trouble. OK, I will live with -1.5.0.

Is this in fact a sort of bug of -1.5.2? It does not matter to me
but I thought I am obliged to report.

Bye,
Sabby Kato