Posted to users@camel.apache.org by hollow1351 <ho...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/06 15:57:28 UTC

ActiveMQ asyncConsumer problem

hi,

I have a problem with concurrentConsumers when connecting to existing queue.
when I'm starting consumer before sending messages to the queue everything
works fine, but if I'm connecting to existing not empty queue camel goes
consume existing messages sequentially one by one. I tried to use
asyncConsumer camel property and appropriate activemq properties but it
doesn't works for me. my spring config

jmsMessageListener is a simple javax.jms.MessageListener implementation. I'm
using camel 2.12.2, activemq 5.9.0 and java 1.7.0_40
thanks for any help,
hollow1351

Re: ActiveMQ asyncConsumer problem

Posted by hollow1351 <ho...@gmail.com>.
hm, I noticed that sometimes camel starts to consume messages in multiple
threads, 2 or 3 (I set 10 concurrent consumers), but more often in 1. it
seems there is not enough time to init consumers pool before route starts. I
add an asyncDelayed of 1 second to the route and now it works correct, but
looks like a trick. is it another way to say camel to start consuming only
when all consumers completely initialized?