Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/31 16:36:55 UTC

[SUCCESS] 5.3 release candidate (lazy consensus)

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I'm ready for a release candidate.  The only thing that's
> pending for me is the very, very elusive byte-code issue that only
> ProQuest seems to have stumbled upon.  Other than that, the benefits
> of getting an RC out there now outweighs the benefits of fixing yet
> more bugs.
>
> I do think there will likely be a 5.3.1 containing some backfixes for
> things that will be addressed in 5.4, including (I hope) sorting out
> some of the Generics problems.
>
> In any case, unless I hear otherwise, I expect to create an rc .
>
> This is a lazy consensus vote; please respond by Monday. If I don't
> see a viable -1 vote, I'll create the release candidate then.

Binding votes:

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1
Igor Drobiazko: +1

Non-binding votes:

Massimo Lusetti: +1
Taha Hafeez: +1

... in addition, there were additional comments from Tapestry PMC,
committers and community.

I'm building out the 5.3-rc-1 artifacts right now.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: [SUCCESS] 5.3 release candidate (lazy consensus)

Posted by Lenny Primak <lp...@hope.nyc.ny.us>.
Why not make it a formal vote and release into maven central?  I am sure the RC will get wider audience if it's in central no?