Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2006/09/27 11:27:45 UTC

Re: i18n & LM

[Changed the subject to reflect the topic at han]

Den 27. sep. 2006 kl. 12.13 skrev Ross Gardler:

> Sjur Moshagen wrote:
>> [WARNING - long e-mail]
>
> (not any more ;-)

:-)

>> This is a lot of work, and I will not be able to do all of this,
>> both in terms of time and knowledge. The first question is easy
>> enough though:
>> WDYT?
>
> The solution to the first three use cases involves a value in a
> session.  There is no concept of a session in a static build so how
> would this play with the CLI?

In the given scenario it should not have any impact. The use of a
session value is to create a more pleasent user experience by
"remembering" the selected locale (=store locale in session). When
running the CLI one would just traverse all links in the normal way,
and by the proposed changes, also the language override links, since
these are now regular links. This way all, all files, localised or
not, will be included in the final, static site.

Use case 3) is irrelevant for the CLI scenario, I believe.

That is: I see no problem with the session and the CLI.

Sjur