Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/02/03 13:28:40 UTC

[Jakarta-jmeter Wiki] Update of "JMeterDevelopment/Requirements" by JMeterAdmin

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-jmeter Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JMeterAdmin:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterDevelopment/Requirements

The comment on the change is:
Tweaks re Java 1.4

- '''Navigation trail:''' ["JMeterProjectPages"] - ["JMeterDevelopment"]
- ----
-
  JMeter High-Level Requirements

  "must" and "should" are used in the following sense:
@@ -21, +18 @@

  Portability:

   *  Must be 100% Java.
-  *  Must run on 1.2.2, 1.3.1 and 1.4.1 Sun JDKs. ''- Being a client application, I don't see why it needs to support 1.2 and 1.3.  I agree it would be nice, but there's a lot of nice stuff in 1.4 it would be nice to use.''  - MikeStover ''Two reasons: 1/ the Java sampler runs the code being load-tested in the same JVM, and may require a specific JVM -- or may have similar portability requirements 2/ *I* want it to be quickly installable on any system I work with, and being able to use whatever JVM is already available saves one installation step. OK, I'm too lazy -- I would agree to move all but 1.4.1 to a "should" requirement, if it were not for reason 1/.'' - JordiSalvat
-  *  Should run on all JDKs from 1.2.2 to current.
+  *  Should run on all JDKs from 1.4 to current.
   *  Must run on win32 and linux.
   *  Should run on all platforms (assuming enough resources available).