Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Knut Wannheden <kn...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/06 18:39:50 UTC

running forrest

I think I remember that running the "site" target of the main
build.xml file would previously download and deploy Forrest into the
ext-package directory. This however doesn't seem to be the case
anymore. How does this work now?

In forrestdoc.xml I found these properties which don't seem to be used anymore:

  <property name="forrest-package-dir"
value="${external.package.dir}/apache-forrest-0.6"/>
  <property name="forrest.home" location="${forrest-package-dir}/src/core"/>

Instead Forrest is invoked by:

  <exec dir="${basedir}" executable="${env.FORREST_HOME}/bin/forrest.bat"/>

So I get the impression that I must install Forrest manually prior to
running the "site" target. Can someone confirm this?

Further this invocation of Forrest will probably only work on Windows
platforms, which is unfortunate. But that's of course not difficult to
change.

--knut

Re: running forrest

Posted by "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>.