Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Krishna Kankipati <kk...@baan.com> on 2004/08/04 23:49:44 UTC

RE: User Authorization based on permissions set to role in Slide2 .1

Guido,
	I did check both that you mentioned. The auto-versioning was set to
false in Domain.xml and when I check for property current-user-privilege-set
for folder1, it returns 'Read'. Although acl for folder1 looks like this:
Note that my user 'user1' was added to role 'user' by setting the
group-member-set property for the role 'user'.

ACL for /Slide/files/folder1:
granted to /Slide/roles/user    (not protected)   (not inherited)
   DAV:all
   DAV:write
granted to property    (not protected)   (inherited from '/Slide/files')
   DAV:read-acl
granted to /Slide/roles/root    (not protected)   (inherited from '/Slide/')
   DAV:all
granted to all    (not protected)   (inherited from '/Slide/')
   DAV:read

So, looks like assigning the user 'user1' to role 'user' is not propogating
the permissions of role 'user' to user 'user1' ....

To make sure I also used DAVExplorer to edit the group-member-set property
of the role 'user' to include user 'user1' ... didn't help. Any thoughts?

thanks,

regards,
Krishna