Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it> on 2003/01/07 14:34:10 UTC

Re: [Proposal] Implementing XMLForm with Flow

I'm reposting this, since I posted it just before Christmas and I'm
afraid it was overlooked.

Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Yes, you can use Function.apply() to pass a variable argument list to
> another function,  like this:

<snip/>

Great! It works perfectly. Now I can use the Flow to protect all the
map:call's without checking the user's credentials in every single
function, BUT ...

... I still have XSP pages (views) that are invoked by the Flow via
sendPage, and those of course have pipelines in the sitemap, so one
could invoke them by directly invoking their URL, bypassing the Flow.

This is BAD (TM) as it forces me to put further checks in my views. I've
tried making the pipelines "internal-only", but doing so makes them
invisible also to the Flow, even though sendPage uses the cocoon: protocol.

It would be better, IMHO, if sendPage (and sendPageAndWait) could invoke
internal-only pipelines. Is there any particular reason why it isn't so?

      Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/