Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org> on 2008/02/29 23:00:24 UTC

Struts2 vs JSF

hi there

i am a webwork user, and now because WW become S2, so i am part of this
community, and honestly i am blank of S1 :)

and i got Matt's comparison here, and i think that will be awesome if we can
share it here.

I found that like it or not, JSF have a lot of promotion esp from Sun and
Oracle and RedHat/JBoss

they bet very big in JSF, and we know S2 is a different tech with S1, and we
see that most of the IDE not support S2, which we can find in S1 world, all
IDE = S1 IDE.

Several of fellow of Java here, try to move to JSF, and object S2, esp
because IDE integration.

anyone have idea of this JSF vs Struts2 discussion?

i have around 5-6 project and power of S2, under our opensource umbrella and
in several client, and we glad S2 is easy to learn, but i dont have a lot of
believe to compete with, i feel a small community in Java Web world.

can help guys? give me the believe.

Frans

Re: Struts2 vs JSF

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
There was a pretty long conversation about this earlier [1]. Maybe you
can find some useful information there.

[1] - http://www.nabble.com/Is-Struts-still-a-better-choice-over-JSF-as-on-today---to11801750.html

Re: [friday] Re: Struts2 vs JSF

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 5:12 AM, Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Search for "Snatch fight" in youtube, and you will get a felling of
> what Struts 2 would do to JSF in a fight :)

cannot get it

Re: [friday] Re: Struts2 vs JSF

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Search for "Snatch fight" in youtube, and you will get a felling of
> what Struts 2 would do to JSF in a fight :)

I was *really* scared to see what that would bring up ("snatch", in the US,
is a somewhat derogatory term for... uh... female parts).

Turns out it was just a scene from the movie "Snatch", so it was all okay.

Dave

[friday] Re: Struts2 vs JSF

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
Search for "Snatch fight" in youtube, and you will get a felling of
what Struts 2 would do to JSF in a fight :)

musachy

Re: [friday] Re: Struts2 vs JSF

Posted by Ray Clough <ra...@allthisisthat.com>.
Yes, but only for those pages which use S2 view components.  We have some
pure S2 pages, also some pure JSF pages (but not with S2 Controller fcns),
also pure S1 pages, and all pages use Tiles.  Quite a complex deployment
descriptor, as you might imagine.

- Ray C.