Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcia de Oliveira Cardoso <ma...@nce.ufrj.br> on 2003/08/07 22:46:56 UTC

Apache + Tomcat + mod_jk

Versions:
Tomcat 4.1.24
Apache 1.3.28
using mod_jk
OS : FreeBSD 4.8

1 - Tomcat seems to work.
    http://localhost:8180 works  - the Tomcat page appears.
    http://localhost:8180/examples/jsp/index.html works too
    I tested the examples and everything works fine.

2 - I have some users that want to use jsp. So I need a mechanism to do this:
    I tested with one user - configured a Context in server.xml like this:

             <Context path="/jmvargas" docBase="/www/jmvargas/public_html" debug="0"
                 reloadable="false" crossContext="true">
        </Context>
    So I tried to get it:
     http://localhost:8180/jmvargas
     And it works.

  Now, my problem:

4 - I decided to use mod_jk so that my web server, apache, could pass *.jsp to Tomcat.

    I put an Alias in httpd.conf
       Alias /jmvargas /www/jmvargas/public_html

    And the include to mod_jk.conf
       Include /usr/local/etc/apache/mod_jk.conf

    And my mod_jk.conf and workers.properties are:
-----------------------------------------------------------mod_jk.conf
         <IfModule mod_jk.c>
        JkWorkersFile /usr/local/etc/apache/workers.properties
        JkLogFile /var/log/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
        JkMount /*.jsp tomcat-acd
        JkMount /servlet/* tomcat-acd
        JkMount /examples/* tomcat-acd
        JkMount /jmvargas/curso/*.jsp tomcat-acd
        JkMount /jmvargas/*.jsp tomcat-acd
</IfModule>
-------------------------------------------------------workers.properties
worker.list=tomcat-acd
worker.tomcat-acd.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat-acd.host=localhost
worker.tomcat-acd.port=8009
#worker.tomcat-acd.lbfactor=1
worker.tomcat-acd.lbfactor=50
worker.tomcat-acd.cachesize=10
worker.tomcat-acd.cache_timeout=600
worker.tomcat-acd.socket_keepalive=1
worker.tomcat-acd.socket_timeout=300

5 - Re-started Tomcat and Apache
    Tested again: http://localhost:8180/jmvargas/curso  - work
    Testing without 8180 port : http://localhost/jmvargas/curso - not working

   Error:
HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException:

What is wrong?

Marcia