Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 16:06:45 UTC

suggested reading to understand what's going on

Hi All,

What topics do you guys suggest I read to understand the codebase, now I'm
not talking dynamo and bigtable papers here, I'm referring to specific
computer science topics/algorithms/patterns/concepts or even things specific
to the java language.

I figured since this is a highly concurrent system, I should read:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17409_01/javase/tutorial/essential/concurrency/index.html

Anything that comes to your mind would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: suggested reading to understand what's going on

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
i'm a fan of learning by doing.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureInternals

--