Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2002/04/27 22:04:56 UTC

Intake + Jetspeed

Im trying to setup Intake with Jetspeed.
Jetspeed currently has 2 jars:

turbine-2.2-b2-dev.jar
fulcrum-3.0-b1.jar

(1) Following the online instructions, I add 2 lines to Jetspeed's
TurbineResources.properties,

services.IntakeService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.intake.Turb
ineIntakeService
services.IntakeService.xml.path=WEB-INF/conf/intake.xml

It causes this error:

Turbine - A Servlet Framework for building Secure Dynamic Websites.
--------

There has been an error! Please review the exception below for more
information.
Get/Post Data:
template = ShowError

The exception is:
org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: Failed to
create a Class object for User implementation
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getUserClass(Ba
seSecurityService.java:235)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getUserInstance
(BaseSecurityService.java:256)

(2) Then tried Fulcrum.
Removed the 2 lines above from TR.p, to Fulcrum.properties added:

services.IntakeService.classname=org.apache.fulcrum.intake.TurbineIntake
Service
services.IntakeService.xml.path=WEB-INF/conf/intake.xml

Try to instantiate a new Intake object:

Intake intake = new Intake()

org.apache.fulcrum.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: Unknown
Service 'IntakeService' requested
	at
org.apache.fulcrum.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.fulcrum.BaseServiceBroker.getService(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.fulcrum.intake.TurbineIntake.getService(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.fulcrum.intake.TurbineIntake.getGroupNames(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.fulcrum.intake.Intake.<init>(Unknown Source)

Seems like the fulcrum service is now going back to Turbine to create
the service.
But if I add the Intake service as a Turbine service, I get the errors
described above.
Really confused. Is it possible to use Intake and Turbine-2 (and
Fulcrum) or is it just broken or under development right now?

Thanks,

David