Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by st...@freenet.de on 2003/09/08 15:00:57 UTC

Your help is still needed ... (RE: Sessions in Tomcat)

Alright,

let's take the number guess example ... every time I push the 'guess' button and the page reloads, there is a new number to be guessed (I checked it through an output) ... and when I take a look at the Web App Tool, I see that there are as many sessions (for this app) running as I pushed the button (+1 for the first call). My conclusion: every click on a button, link, etc. starts a new session and the next page is put into that context. Which would also explain why my Struts app does not work ... the web.xml and/or struts-config.xml isn't known to the app anymore with every new page or action called. Btw, requests work fine.

Now, please give me a hint ... what am I doing wrong in case of my Tomcat configuration? (It does not seem to be the app, which is running just fine when started inside of the IDE and its implemented Tomcat engine.)

Thanks for any clap on the head,

Steph Kimbrough

--
60% Onlinekosten sparen!
Jetzt Premium Mitglied bei freenet.de werden und mit dem