Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dovid Zirkind <do...@tig.com.au> on 2000/01/24 20:47:55 UTC

Re: The 1.3.11 release (WIN32)

B"H

hi,

does anyone know *why* in create_process() the line:

    pCommand = ap_psprintf(p, "\"%s\" -Z %s -d \"%s\" -f \"%s\"", buf,
exit_event_name, ap_server_root, ap_server_confname);

was changed to:

    pCommand = ap_psprintf(p, "\"%s\" -Z %s -f \"%s\"", buf,
exit_event_name, ap_server_confname);

as now, the following problem occurs:

In windows if the server was started from a drive other than the drive that
contains the "ap_server_root" (and possibly also from just another
directory), and rely on the registry key "ServerRoot" pointing to the
appropriate directory, the children that are spawned end up dying with an
error "file not found" because of wrong path.

Bring Moshiach closer by doing acts of kindness!

RE: The 1.3.11 release (WIN32)

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <kr...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
I made this change when I overhauled the way Apache finds it's .conf file.
If you have a valid ServerRoot directive at the top of the .conf file,
create_process will look up and set ap_server_root from this directive.

There should no longer be a registry key  "ServerRoot".
It was replaced with "Parameters/ConfPath", the only real unique
identifier for different Apache services running on the same box.

Are you using an older config file with the new release?  IIRC there was
a problem with the ordering of the ServerRoot on older conf files.

Also, perhaps you are using an older service entry.  You can try
apache -u -n <old_service_entry>
then
apache -i -n <new_service_entry> -f <full path to conf file, if not
./conf/httpd.conf>
and try it then.

Either way, the -d should not be in the call to create_process.

Keith Wannamaker
RTP NC, USA

Re: The 1.3.11 release (WIN32)