Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by "Kosuru, Giri" <Gi...@associates.dhs.gov> on 2006/03/06 16:54:59 UTC

WSS4J interoperability

Hi all,

            We implemented WSS4J for securing one of our Web Services
(Uses apache Axis). As the implementation seems to be simple and
straight forward for basic requirements, we are planning to make it as a
standard for other java/j2ee applications to implement WSS4J. But we are
concerned about the interoperability of WSS4J with others, particularly
.NET. The WSS4J web site says it is interoperable. But did any body did
integrate WSS4J with .NET before? If yes, what are your experiences? Is
it safe to assume interoperability and go ahead and make it a standard?
You experiences will help me a lot on making a good decision. Mean while
I will also try to test and if I find some thing I will share with you.

Thanks

Giri Kosuru

Re: WSS4J interoperability

Posted by Martin Stemplinger <ms...@gmx.de>.
On Mo Mrz 06 2006 at 16:54, "Kosuru, Giri" <Gi...@associates.dhs.gov> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>             We implemented WSS4J for securing one of our Web Services
> (Uses apache Axis). As the implementation seems to be simple and
> straight forward for basic requirements, we are planning to make it as a
> standard for other java/j2ee applications to implement WSS4J. But we are
> concerned about the interoperability of WSS4J with others, particularly
> .NET. The WSS4J web site says it is interoperable. But did any body did
> integrate WSS4J with .NET before? If yes, what are your experiences? Is
> it safe to assume interoperability and go ahead and make it a standard?
We use it with a .Net client accessing an Axis + WSS4J1.1 Webservice
with UsernameToken and PasswordText. this works fine. I had no success
with an Axis + WSS4J1.1 Client and a .Net Webservice with
UsernameToken and PasswordDigest. Using Signature worked like a charm.

Hope this helps
Martin

Re: WSS4J interoperability

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

interoperability mainly depens on the algorithms you like to use. WSE
supports some "non-standard" algos - so you would be save if you use
the algos define in WS Security (based on XML SIgnature and XML
Encryption)

Also, AFAIK, WSE requires the WS-Adressing to be used.

On the list there were some reports, but also some problems statements
when working with WSE. The problems mainly because of using
a non-standard algo.

Regards,
Werner

Re: WSS4J interoperability