Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 15:29:46 UTC

Re: [HEADS UP] - Camel routing engine dumps message history when exhausted exception is logged

Hi

I ponder with the idea of also dumping the Exchange body + headers as
well. With an option to turn this on|off.
Then by default when you develop with Camel and any exception occurs
which is not expected or handled by onException etc we log with a nice
to see "what is going on" with "my data" from the Exchange.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have pushed the code changes for the message history to master.
> And as well enabled it out of the box. This allows us to see it in
> action easily.
>
> There is options just like the tracer etc to turn it on/off, on
> context level, and per route etc.
>
> Its only when there is exhausted exceptions that are being logged by
> the error handler, then there
> is a message history table first, that shows end users where the
> message has been routed.
>

> End users who want to get access to the message history, can do this
> from a property on the exchange with
> List<MessageHistory> list =
> exchange.getProperty(Exchange.MESSAGE_HISTORY, List.class);
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> www.camelone.org: The open source integration conference.
>
> Red Hat, Inc.