Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Peter warde <pe...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 09:06:12 UTC

Page menu

Can anyone tell me how I can customize the values displayed in page menu?

For example if I use the shared template "Basic" I get the following values
for page menu items: All Music General Status, whereas if use I use the
Fauxcoly theme I get: Front Page Weblog Archives Login.

My questions are:

1) What is the mechanism that determines what items are displayed in the
page menu (I have searched the themes in
CATALINA_HOME\webapps\roller\themes\fauxcoly and basic and can find no
reference to these page menu item values

2) How could I change the the menu item value All in the Basic theme, or
Front Page or Weblog in Fauxcoly to something else, for example Home or
Welcome

I have searched the doc everywhere and tried numerous tests without any
success. Guidance would be appreciated.

Re: Page menu

Posted by Peter warde <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Your explanation was great and a real help.

Where I was going wrong  was that I was getting confused between categories
- #showWeblogCategoryLinksList($rootCategory false false) - and page menu -
#showPageMenu($model.weblog).

I am up and running now. Thanks.

Cheers

Peter

Re: Page menu

Posted by Greg Huber <gr...@gmail.com>.
The initial page is weblog.vm:  (near the top of the theme.xml file)

<template action="weblog">
        <name>Weblog</name>
        <description>Main page of weblog</description>
        <link></link>
        <navbar>false</navbar>
        <hidden>true</hidden>
        <templateCode>
           <templateLanguage>velocity</templateLanguage>
           <contentType>text/html</contentType>
           <contentsFile>weblog.vm</contentsFile>
           <type>standard</type>
       </templateCode>
    </template>

##

in std_header.vm:

<h1><a href="$url.home">$model.weblog.name</a></h1>

Re: Page menu

Posted by Peter warde <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg

Re: Page menu