Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2005/06/30 19:49:58 UTC

[VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Looks like Noel and Stephan already voted:

[X] SLF4J
[  ] Commons Logging
[  ] Log4J Straight
[  ] JDK 1.4 Logging Straight

Note that SLF4J and CL are not implementations but adaptor libraries to
implementations.  SLF4J uses NLog4J which is basically Log4J made to
conform to the SLF4J interfaces.

Noel Bergman +1 for Commons Logging
Stephan McConnell +1 for SLF4J

I vote +1 for using SLF4J with Log4J (NLog4J) adapters.

Thanks,
Alex Karasulu

Re: [VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Friday 01 July 2005 01:49, Alex Karasulu wrote:
[X] SLF4J
[  ] Commons Logging
[  ] Log4J Straight
[  ] JDK 1.4 Logging Straight

Re: [VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
 [X] SLF4J
[X] Commons Logging
[ ] Log4J Straight
[ ] JDK 1.4 Logging Straight
 SLF4J doesn't have "FATAL" level AFAIK. Would this be OK?
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
[X] SLF4J
[  ] Commons Logging
[  ] Log4J Straight
[  ] JDK 1.4 Logging Straight

I vote +1 for using SLF4J with Log4J (NLog4J) adapters.

Enrique

Re: [VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Posted by nickf <ni...@gmail.com>.
[X] SLF4J
[  ] Commons Logging
[  ] Log4J Straight
[  ] JDK 1.4 Logging Straight

Im willing to give SLF4J a try, after reading more about it.

Re: [VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
[X] SLF4J
[  ] Commons Logging
[  ] Log4J Straight
[  ] JDK 1.4 Logging Straight

(Or NLog4J)

Vive Ceki Gülcü !

Re: [VOTE] Logging Direction ( was: Re: [apacheds] Which logging framework?)

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
> [ ] SLF4J
> [X] Commons Logging
> [  ] Log4J Straight