Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Jeff G <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/17 17:44:54 UTC

Blueprint Support

Any plans to add TinkerPop Blueprint support to Giraph?  This would be a
huge gain for the graph development community when wanting to test and
upgrade to something like Haddop and Giraph.
https://github.com/tinkerpop/blueprints/wiki/

Blueprints is a collection of interfaces, implementations, ouplementations,
and test suites for the property graph data model. Blueprints is analogous
to the JDBC, but for graph databases. As such, it provides a common set of
interfaces to allow developers to plug-and-play their graph database
backend. Moreover, software written atop Blueprints works over all
Blueprints-enabled graph databases.

- Jeff G

Re: Blueprint Support

Posted by Avery Ching <ac...@apache.org>.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pinging us.  While we don't have a JIRA for Blueprints, we
definitely thought it would be a great idea in the past.  Arun Suresh
(arun.suresh@gmail.com) looked into this briefly I believe (cc'ed
here).  Hopefully he can give more details.

Avery

Re: Blueprint Support

Posted by Claudio Martella <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

what are you thinking about when you talk about supporting Blueprints?
Do you mean to use Blueprints to load the graph into Giraph (compared
to HDFS) or are you
imagining implementing Pipes/Gremlin on-top-of Giraph?
The first would be quite doable, but you'd need to load a lot of the
graph into giraph, to make sense to use it at first place.
The second one is more complicated and I'd love to see it happen.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.martella@gmail.com