Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jim Taylor <2s...@windstream.net> on 2016/06/17 15:59:33 UTC

spell check

When I try to use open office, spell check is underlining all the words and the suggestions aren't even close. This just started happening all of a sudden. I tried downloading the newer version but it is still doing the same thing. What can I do to correct this?

Re: spell check

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:59:33 -0400
"Jim Taylor" <2s...@windstream.net> wrote:

> When I try to use open office, spell check is underlining all the words and the suggestions aren't even close. This just started happening all of a sudden. I tried downloading the newer version but it is still doing the same thing. What can I do to correct this?

You need to delete or rename your OpenOffice User profile.

If you are using Windows, close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>