Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "David A. Swift" <ds...@tdl.com> on 2002/10/04 07:36:58 UTC

CPU usage through the roof on 1.0

Hello,

I had been using dbXML for some time (0.9.1) on my OS/2 box.  When I
run dbXML with the system fairly idle, the CPU usage is less than
10%.

When I run Xindice 1.0 on the same box, same Java runtime (IBM 1.3),
the CPU usage goes to 99%, with no Xindice requests being made.

Other Java apps (such as XMLBlaster) behave normally, and Apache and
MySQL both run without consuming a lot of CPU.  Does anyone have any
idea why Xindice 1.0 uses so much more CPU than dbXML .9.1?

Thanks,
David Swift
Homo Sapiens: Latin for carbon-based computer DNA...