Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bert Radke <be...@oracle.com> on 2003/08/14 11:33:06 UTC

stacking handlers in apache 1.3

Hi,

is it possible to 'stack' handlers?
What I'm trying to do is to have 2 handlers for one location. The first
handler gets a try
on the request and decides on some internal criteria if it processes the
request or if the
other handler schould process it. The first handler ist implemented as a
modul by myself.

How can I pass the processing from one handler to the next? I tried to
return a
DECLINED in the hope the request would than passed on to the next
handler, but aparantly
apache then tries to read the file '<DocumentRoot>/location', insteed of
calling the next handler for this
location.

I tried to do this in the request handler and in the 'post read_request
handling', but with no luck..

I example code I've seen that one could set the handler for a request
directly
(r->handler = 'test_handler'), but I could not figure out how to do this.

Thanks in advance for any help, links,...

Bert

Re: stacking handlers in apache 1.3

Posted by Bert Radke <be...@oracle.com>.
Sorry for bothering you,

It must have been to late yesterday.. I just found the solution. The
trick is to
generate a subrequest und manipulate the handler there and run the
subrequest
with ap_run_sub_req()...

Bert