Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by lochness <lo...@free.fr> on 2007/07/26 16:14:34 UTC

where and how can I add new rule

hello all i'm new user of spamassassin and I'm looking how to add rules and
what file to edit, excusme for my bad english thank for your help

Re: where and how can I add new rule

Posted by "McDonald, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 09:19 -0700, lochness wrote:
> thank for you quick response , I would mean score how to get best score
> because all of my spam test have score=1.2 point on required=5  how can
> configure that if you have  a  type file it's possible to send me taht?
I have a lot of custom rules:
[mcdonalddj@ca ~]$ ls /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/Botnet.cf       /etc/mail/spamassassin/p0f.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/countrytest.cf  /etc/mail/spamassassin/pdfinfo.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/geocities.cf    /etc/mail/spamassassin/postcard.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

They have rules like:
mcdonalddj@ca ~]$ cat /etc/mail/spamassassin/geocities.cf
uri  UK_GEOCITIES   m'^http://uk\.geocities\.com\b'i
describe UK_GEOCITIES Body contains spammed domain
score   UK_GEOCITIES 3.0
uri  MSN_SPACES  m'^http://spaces\.msn\.com\/members\b'i
describe MSN_SPACES Body contains spammed domain
score   MSN_SPACES 3.0
uri  IT_GEOCITIES   m'^http://it\.geocities\.com\b'i
describe IT_GEOCITIES Body contains spammed domain
score   IT_GEOCITIES 3.0

I'm not quite certain what you are asking for....

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
Austin Energy

Re: where and how can I add new rule

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 26.07.07 09:19, lochness wrote:
> thank for you quick response , I would mean score how to get best score
> because all of my spam test have score=1.2 point on required=5  how can
> configure that if you have  a  type file it's possible to send me taht?
> juste to see what file  I can modify thank you

if all of your spam has score 1.2, then something is broken on your server.
Doesn't your ham score 1.2 too?

Did you ask your sysadmin for help with this problem? Maybe he needs to turn
on some plugins...

Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...

Re: where and how can I add new rule

Posted by Daniel J McDonald <da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 07:14 -0700, lochness wrote:
> hello all i'm new user of spamassassin and I'm looking how to add rules and
> what file to edit, excusme for my bad english thank for your help
system wide, you can create a new file in /etc/mail/spamassassin.
anything with a .cf ending will be read as a rules file.

If you are just a user, not a sysadmin, you may be able to create rules
in ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs, but that depends on a lot of variables
that your sysadmin will be able to tell you about.