Posted to dev@predictionio.apache.org by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> on 2016/08/20 18:00:34 UTC

Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

What do people think remains for release?

1) template donation and mods. Chan Lee has done work on this but we can’t review until the donation and repos are set up.
2) install.sh. There are some suggestions on how to deal with the one-line install here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-22 and a bug here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-25 PIO-22 suggests we have an install based on source pull and build so it will work even on snapshots in the “develop” branch but we could also have an install from binary that works after the release. Comments welcome.
3) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-26 has a PR but I don’t fee qualified to merge it, can someone pick this up?

Anything else? I took the liberty of marking anything I thought was a non-blocker but unresolved as minor. Feel free to disagree.

Hopefully when #1 comes through we will have everything else cleared up. Let’s ship-it.

Re: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
Release?

1) template donation and mods. Chan Lee has done work on this. Chan, can you make the repo public so we can review? If we get a donation in reasonable time, we will look at merging Chan’s changes. Chan have you signed the ICLA? https://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt
2) The one-line user install.sh https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-22 TLDR; suggests we release with the source build version of install.sh and point to this from the doc site. This will build from the master branch of the Guthub mirror. Please comment on the Jira.
3) we need to do due diligence on pio license requirements and update docs https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-27 this is unassigned, can someone look at this? It is a blocker for release.

Only PIO-27 is a blocker.  We can wait a week to see if the template donation is done but even that doesn’t look like a blocker. All other Jiras look deferrable or resolvable now.

Thoughts?

Re: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
BTW the Jira for license checking is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIO-27

On Sep 1, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com> wrote:

100% agree!

I’ll work on the text license verification tomorrow. Oops back to the Jira.

Ship it!

On Aug 30, 2016, at 1:47 PM, Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org> wrote:

I am aware that the paperwork is in the pipeline, but agree that the
release should not be blocked by that. I will take some time and look at
the license requirement of the binary distribution. If anyone is starting
the process of examining all third-party dependencies, please keep track of
progress clearly and often in JIRA so hopefully we can parallelize the work
if possible. I plan to start doing some of it later this week.

I also hope to start the release candidate process in the 1st week of
September. The community has been asking and we'd like to ship it to them.

Re: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.
100% agree!

Re: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.

Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Re: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Collectively this podling must accomplish these tasks in order to make a release. This is what you signed up for with incubation.

Re: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Pat Ferrel <pa...@occamsmachete.com>.

Fwd: Apache PIO v0.10.0 release

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.