Posted to user@roller.apache.org by leofreesand <yu...@hotmail.com> on 2014/05/14 11:57:55 UTC

Weblog Client with LDAP authentication

I'm using Roller 5.1-SNAPSHOT and enabled LDAP authentication, it works all very well. Now I installed a Chrome plugin (ScribeFire) and tried to connect to my Weblog, but when logging in with a LDAP account I got a "Invalid Username and/or Password" error.
This problem is solved when I set a password for this user in the roller user profile. It seems the LDAP authentication is not used in this use case?

Re: Weblog Client with LDAP authentication

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
On 05/14/2014 05:57 AM, leofreesand wrote:
> I'm using Roller 5.1-SNAPSHOT and enabled LDAP authentication, it works all very well.

Indeed, that's due to your previous work w/5.0.x...I took your notes and
applied them to 5.1-SNAPSHOT.

> Now I installed a Chrome plugin (ScribeFire) and tried to connect to my Weblog, but when logging in with a LDAP account I got a "Invalid Username and/or Password" error.
> This problem is solved when I set a password for this user in the roller user profile. It seems the LDAP authentication is not used in this use case?

Yes, I think this is related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1718. :( Patches welcome...

Regards,
Glen