Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2018/11/13 23:21:19 UTC

[DRAFT] Nov 2018 board report

Devs -- please take a glance at this. I received no input on what should
go into the board report, so I wrote one myself. This is due tomorrow,
so I'll be submitting it soon. Any review is appreciated!

----

  - Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and operational analytics for
Apache
    Hadoop

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
  - One release since last report: 4.14.1. The release was approved by
the PMC
    but has not been officially announced
  - Lars H. (PMC) organized a Phoenix Meetup for 2018/11/14 in San
Francisco, CA
    to be a general community-driven discussion. Notes will be taken and
    posted to the dev-list for those unable to join physically and remotely.
  - We've not added any new committers or PMC, but do have on-going
discussions
    as to who we want to invite for each. These threads need to be bump'ed.

## Health report:
  - Activity remains relatively flat. Contributions and
user-interactions remain
    relatively consistent.

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 27 PMC members.
  - New PMC members:
     - Pedro Boado was added to the PMC on Thu Jun 07 2018
     - Vincent Poon was added to the PMC on Thu Jun 07 2018

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 36 committers.
  - Ohad Shaham was added as a committer on Fri Jun 08 2018

## Releases:
  - 4.14.1 was released on 2018/11/xx (VOTE passed, final release steps
underway)
  - 5.0.0 was released on Sat Jul 14 2018

## Mailing list activity:
  - Activity is largely in-line with history. No significant trends to
be identified.

Re: [DRAFT] Nov 2018 board report

Posted by Thomas D'Silva <td...@salesforce.com>.
+1 Thanks Josh, looks good to me.