Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/11 10:38:35 UTC

create own annotation

Hi all,

I'm using struts2 annotation validation mecanisme, I have a problem with
credit card validation, I should develop my own annotation for this issue,
someone can help me to do that, or explain me the steps ?

thanks

--

Cordialement

Mohamed

Re: create own annotation

Posted by Mohamed SIDI <mh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dav,

I have done what you suggest, witch is developing my custom validator and
reuse it in my annotation, that works well

@CustomValidator(type ="customCreditCardValidator", fieldName =
"creditCard", message = "invalid credi card number", parameters =
{@ValidationParameter(name = "creditCard",value =
"creditCard"),@ValidationParameter(name = "required",value = "true" )})

thanks.

2011/5/11 Jim Talbut <Ji...@groupgti.com>

> Don't miss out on just implementing a validation method directly in your
> action.
> Unless you are going to reuse the validation code is it worth the effort of
> writing an annotation?
>
> Jim

Cordialement

Mohamed

RE: create own annotation

Posted by Jim Talbut <Ji...@groupgti.com>.

Re: create own annotation

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
You'll want a custom validator, which you can configure with an annotation.

Dave