Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Dan Adams <da...@ifactory.com> on 2005/09/30 22:53:51 UTC

hivemodel.xml search path?

What gets searched when looking for hivemodule.xml files? I thought it
loaded any in the classpath but I think i might be wrong.

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer

Re: hivemodel.xml search path?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Tapestry and HiveMind work together to pick up all of the following:

META-INF/hivemodule.xml (in the WAR, or in any JAR on the classpath)
WEB-INF/app-name/hivemodule.xml
WEB-INF/hivemodule.xml

The "app-name" is the name of the Tapestry application servlet.

Why two searches?  It's part of an infrastructure to support multiple
Tapestry applications within a single WAR.

On 9/30/05, Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I have my hivemodule.xml in the META-INF folder within a .jar file
> (which is a shared tapestry library).   This jar is sitting in WEB-
> INF/lib directory.
>
> Tapestry seems to find it with no problems.
>
> Hope that helps.
> Eric
>

> On Sep 30, 2005, at 5:18 PM, Greg Ward wrote:
>
> > On 30 September 2005, Dan Adams said:
> >
> >> What gets searched when looking for hivemodule.xml files? I
> >> thought it
> >> loaded any in the classpath but I think i might be wrong.
> >>

> > I put mine right in WEB-INF and Tapestry found it OK.  (A co-worker
> > tried
> > putting it in META-INF under the classpath [as the hivemind docs
> > say] and
> > something didn't work right until he put it in WEB-INF.)
> >
> >         Greg

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind