Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com> on 2008/03/18 18:47:17 UTC

Re: (Please Reply urgently help needed) How to configure Session Bean Pool Size

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
     Comments added inline below

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:41 PM, puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have one problem with the Stateless Session Bean Instance Pool
>  configuration:
>  I have tried below configuration:
>
>   <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0.2/car">
>
>         <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
>             <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
>             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
>         </gbean>
>         <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer">
>             <attribute name="properties">TimeOut 120000
>                                 PoolSize 100
>                                 StrictPooling true</attribute>
>         </gbean>
>     </module>
>
>  I want to restrict the pool size to 100 i.e. if there are more than 100
>  requests come, only 100 requests will be served. Rest of the requests would
>  be waiting until a bean gets free.
Yes this is what should happen. At one instant there will be only a 100 SLSBs

>  No more than 100 beans should be
>  instantiated to serve the requests.

This will not be true. A pool size of 100 means only a 100 beans at
any instant. There will occur certain conditions when bean instances
are discarded from the pool and new Instances created

>  With the above configuration the number of instantiate beans is more than
>  the pool size.
This should not happen. Keep in mind that there will be 100 beans at
one instant and thats all thats guaranteed. However discarding of
instances shouldn't be that common normally. Anyway I  see that you
posted on the openejb lists too and David B has responded so we can
continue the discussion there.

>  Environment:
>  =========
>  OS: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4
>  Application Server: Geronimo 2.0.2 with tomcat distribution
>  EJB 3.0
>
>  Please help me to resolve the problem. Any reply will be appreciated.
>
>  Thanks,
>

> Puneet

Regards
Manu

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi,

I have one problem with the Stateless Session Bean Instance Pool
configuration:
I have tried below configuration:

 <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0.2/car">
        <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
            <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
            <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
        </gbean>
        <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer">
            <attribute name="properties">TimeOut 120000
				PoolSize 100
				StrictPooling true</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

I want to restrict the pool size to 100 i.e. if there are more than 100
requests come, only 100 requests will be served. Rest of the requests would
be waiting until a bean gets free. No more than 100 beans should be

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Puneet,

Posted by puneetjain <pu...@wipro.com>.
Hi Manu,