Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bas Schulte <ba...@connectedcreations.nl> on 2009/05/26 16:03:30 UTC

s:select list and pre-selected item

Hi,

I'm pretty much stumped about this one. I have a list of countries
(List<Country>) that I return from my action to the view .jsp.

I can render the select list just fine, this is the outputted html:

<select name="activity.location.address.country" id="update-activity-
location_activity_location_address_country">
     <option value="4121">Nederland</option>
     <option value="4122">United Kingdom</option>
     <option value="4123">Deutschland</option>
</select>

However, for the life of it I can't figure out how to have the country
that is associated with the current entity I'm editing (Activity)
selected, like this:

     <option value="4122" selected>United Kingdom</option>

This is in my jsp:

         <s:select name="activity.location.address.country"
                   value="%{activity.location.address.country}"
                   list="countries"
                   listKey="id"
                   listValue="displayLabel"></s:select>

With this, the list populates correctly, except for the ' selected'
option on the current country that is associated with the activity.

The answer no doubt lies in the 'value' attribute, I've tried this as
well:

value="%{activity.location.address.country.id}"

Didn't work either.

bas.

Re: s:select list and pre-selected item

Posted by Bas Schulte <ba...@connectedcreations.nl>.
We ran into an issue that will be fixed in 2.1.7:

https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-3140?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=46241
#action_46241

We worked around it by not using s:select but coding a <select> using
s:iterator (the suggestion as it's outlined in the above issue also
works).

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bas,