Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by SHAOHUA XIE <sh...@cs.uga.edu> on 2006/10/25 23:44:19 UTC

[users@httpd] help with increasing stack size for "apache" users.

Greetings,

I'd like to know how to increase the stack size for "apache" users in
Apache/2.0.52.

Here is the approach I used:

1) modified the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf by adding "ThreadStackSize
20480*1024" to the "worder" MPM section.

2) changed the file name of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf to "php.bak" (so
that the php module wouldn't be loaded);

3) enabled "HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd.worker" in /etc/sysconfig/httpd.

After I restarted the httpd service successfully (no conflict with php), I
still found that the "prefork" MPM was running in the server.

[root@poplar sysconfig]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
core.c
prefork.c