Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/23 13:13:20 UTC

War file with no java code

The web module for our project does not have have any java src , only a
couple of  wsdls ,some ibm binding xml files and the web.xml file.
When I build the war using the maven-war-plugin  , I noticed a  "classes"
directory is created under  the  war's WEB-INF folder. Since there no java
code
, this "classes" folder is empty (which makes sense). Is there  a way I can
configure the maven-war-plugin to not bother with  creating this empty
"classes" folder?

--

"Don't take the name of root in vain."

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town
South Africa

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

Re: War file with no java code

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Two possibilities:
1. You could try running an ant <delete> task right before packaging
to delete target/classes. I'm not sure if that would work or if it
would break something, since I'm sure the m-war-p is going to be
looking for that directory. But it would be easy to try and find out.

2. You could hack in a new optional configuration parameter that would
tell the WAR plugin "don't include target/classes if it is empty" and
then offer it back to the plugin dev team via JIRA. But there's a
chance it wouldn't be accepted etc and then you're stuck maintaining
your own internal patched m-w-p until it is.

Wayne

Re: War file with no java code

Posted by Jeff Mutonho <ej...@gmail.com>.

Re: War file with no java code