Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2016/02/29 19:57:25 UTC

Calcite release 1.7.0

When would be a good time for release 1.7?

Josh, I know you’d like to split out Avatica. When do you expect to do that work? When do you think it might be finished?

Dependent projects, Do you have releases scheduled that would make you want a release at a particular time?

I’m always inclined to release early and often, so I’d like to start on a release in the next week.

Would anyone like to be release manager?

Julian

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com>.
Looks like there might be some memory leak in Phoenix test cases with
Calcite master. I'll figure out which CI exactly caused the issue. And if
anyone knows any suspect, please let me know.

Thanks,
Maryann

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Now the vote has passed, and I’ve merged from the release branch back to master, master branch is now open for commits.

The official announcement will happen tomorrow, after the artifacts have had chance to propagate to the mirrors.

Julian

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Wonderful, thanks!

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com>.
CALCITE-1158 could go in too: it is simple change to make AggregateRemoveRule extensible, it should not destabilize the release.

Thanks,
Jesús

Re: Calcite release 1.7.0

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.