Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by Kris Popat <kj...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/07 10:04:42 UTC

Wookie Report for October

Hi All,

It’s time for another report to the ASF Board about wookie.  Here’s my draft.

I don’t think there has been much change since the last report in July which shows in this report.  Any additions, corrections, suggestions very welcome

Kris

——————

Apache Wookie develops software related to implementation of the W3C
Widgets family of specifications.

ISSUES
As mentioned in July’s report activity in the project has declined dramatically and the community has not grown in the last year or so.  This trend has continued, though this might have been exacerbated by the summer period where there is less activity anyway.The reasons for this remain the same, in particular the lack of non-proprietary adoption of the W3C widget specification.

If this trend continues the team will give consideration to either moving the project to the attic or subsuming into RAVE.

RELEASES
Wookie 1.0 was released on 24th February 2014.

ACTIVITY
Work is still being undertaken on Wookie 2.0.

COMMUNITY
Our last committer added was Steve Lee on 21st February 2013.

RE: Wookie Report for October

Posted by "Sharples, Paul" <P....@bolton.ac.uk>.
+1 :-(

Posted by Steve Lee <st...@opendirective.com>.