Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 20:58:22 UTC

Creating databases with user-specififed attribute while running the tests?

Hi,

I am working on langauge based ordering which requires user to use a new
optional JDBC url attribute called COLLATION if they want to use terriotry
based collation. In near future, I would like to run some existing tests
with this attribute to see how things run at compile phase. Is there a way
for me to specify this attribute while running the tests?

For instance, is there a way to specify COLLATION=TERRITORY_BASED to the
following test so that it gets used as one of the attributes when the
database is created for this test?
java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunTestjdbcapi/metadata.java

thanks,
Mamta

Re: Creating databases with user-specififed attribute while running the tests?

Posted by Mamta Satoor <ms...@gmail.com>.
I asked my question too soon. I looked at default_app.properties and looks
like I can modify ij.database to pass new attribute during db create time.
For instance, for the metadata.java test, I can modify existing
ij.databasein default_app.properties since metadata_app.properties
says
usedefaults=true. I guess next thing I would like to do/find out is see if I
can specify ij.database in metadata_app.properties along with
usedefault=true and see if that will override ij.database in
default_app.properties. That way, all the tests won't get impacted by change
in default_app.properties in my environment.

thanks,
Mamta